Central Illinois Car Accident Lawyers
More than one million motor vehicle accidents occur each year, a significant percentage of which are car accidents. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Bolen Robinson & Ellis understand how traumatic a car crash can be, and our car accident lawyers are committed to ensuring that those injured in motor vehicle wrecks obtain the results they deserve.
About Car Accidents
Despite recent advances in automotive safety devices such as automatic braking, lane changing sensors, and other traffic accident avoidance technology, human error is still a dominant factor in almost all serious traffic accidents. Frequently, car accidents are caused by:
- Driver negligence – Negligent drivers often are speeding, or run a red light, fail to yield, perform an illegal U-turn, or simply do not pay attention to nearby vehicles on the road.
- Distracted drivers – Such as when drivers are texting or talking on their cell phone.
- Bad or unsafe weather conditions or poor visibility.
- Intoxicated drivers.
- Fatigued drivers.
Common types of car wrecks include:
- Rear-end collisions – These crashes occur when one car crashes into a car in front of it. Whiplash is an common injury in rear-impact collisions, even when the wreck occurs at moderate speeds.
- Side-impact collisions or T-Bone accident – A broadside crash occurs when the side of a vehicle is impacted by the front or rear of another vehicle.
- Sideswipes – This normally refers to when the sides of two parallel vehicles touch and “swipe” each other.
- Head-on crashes – These dangerous crashes occur when the front ends of two vehicles hit each other. Unfortunately, this type of car accident often results in fatalities.
Car accidents often result in severe injuries for both the driver and passengers. Common injuries include:
- Head injuries.
- Fractured bones.
- Cuts and bruising.
- Burn injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Internal injuries.
Contact BRE Law for a Free Consultation
Victims of car accidents often suffer the burden of large expenses, including hospital bills, medical treatment and medication, childcare, loss of personal time with loved ones, and missed time from work. A successful personal injury claim can reimburse victims for those expenses.
The experienced personal injury attorneys at Bolen Robinson & Ellis are committed to ensuring that traffic accident victims obtain the results that they deserve. If you or your loved one has been hurt in a motor vehicle accident, please contact us to schedule a free consultation with one of our car accident lawyers.
A Few of Our Notable Car Accident Results
- $550,000 recovery on behalf of a client forced to avoid a negligent driver who had pulled out in front of his family.
- $300,000 recovery on behalf of a Decatur client injured in an automobile accident in Kansas.
- $235,000 complex underinsured automobile settlement.
- $300,000 recovered for a family who tragically lost their young daughter in an automobile accident.
BRE Law Personal Injury News and Blog
Motor vehicle accidents are scary. If you are involved in a car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident, this general advice include steps that you can take to help protect yourself.