Central Illinois Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
More than one million traffic accidents occur each year, and a significant portion of those accidents are motorcycle accidents. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Bolen Robinson & Ellis understand how traumatic a motorcycle crash can be, and our motorcycle accident lawyers are committed to ensuring that those injured in motorcycle wrecks obtain the results they deserve.
About Motorcycle Accidents
Despite recent advances in safety devices, human error is still a dominant factor in almost all serious motorcycle accidents. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Driver negligence – Negligent drivers are often speeding, or run a red light, fail to yield, perform an illegal U-turn, or simply fail to pay attention to nearby vehicles on the road. Driver negligent poses special risks to motorcyclists.
- Less visibility to other vehicles – Motorcycles are smaller, lighter and less enclosed than traditional vehicles, which sometimes makes a motorcycle rider invisible to other drivers.
- Left-hand turns – Cars making left turns can be very dangerous for motorcyclists. Specifically, these kind of crashes account for approximately 42% of all accidents involving motorcycles and other motor vehicles.
- Road hazards – Potholes, oil slicks, puddles, debris, and uneven pavements frequently cause motorcycle wrecks.
- Bad or unsafe weather conditions – Heavy rain, snow, hail, and wind can lead to decreased visibility and hazardous driving conditions for both motorcycle riders and drivers of other vehicles.
- Intoxicated drivers.
Although motorcycle riders often wear proper safety gear, accidents between motorcycles and other vehicles carry great risk. Even if a rider is wearing the proper safety gear, common injuries stemming from motorcycle crashes include:
- Head injuries.
- Fractured bones.
- Cuts and bruising.
- Burn injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Internal injuries.
Contact BRE Law for a Free Consultation
Victims of motorcycle accidents often suffer the burden of large expenses, including hospital bills, medical treatment and medication, childcare, loss of personal time with loved ones, and missed time from work. A successful personal injury claim can reimburse victims for those expenses.
The experienced personal injury attorneys at Bolen Robinson & Ellis are committed to ensuring that motorcycle accident victims obtain the results that they deserve. If you or your loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.
A Few of Our Notable Motorcycle Accident Results
- $300,000 recovered in a no-contact motorcycle accident when our client was forced to lay down his bike to avoid a collision.
- $100,000 policy limits recovered in a motorcycle death settlement.
- $140,000 recovery on behalf of a client injured in a motorcycle crash related to the dangerous slant of an Indiana roadway.
BRE Law Personal Injury News and Blog
Motor vehicle accidents are scary. If you are involved in a car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident, this general advice include steps that you can take to help protect yourself.