Central Illinois Product Liability Lawyers
Product liability refers to when injuries result from faulty or dangerous products. Typically, a product liability lawsuit is brought against a corporation or manufacturer that has sold or manufactured unsafe and defective products to consumers. The experienced lawyers at Bolen Robinson & Ellis understand how products can hurt consumers, and our product liability lawyers are committed to ensuring that those injured by faulty or dangerous products obtain the results they deserve.
About product liability claims.
Generally speaking, product liability claims fall within three categories:
- Manufacturing defects – These occur when products are manufactured from intended design, and the product subsequently causes a bodily injury or death.
- Design defects – These occur when products present a safety hazard in their design.
- Failure to warn – These often occur when manufacturers do not adequately warn or provide instructions warning consumers of known risks, dangers, or side effects.
Examples of unsafe and defective products include:
- Medical devices – Some medical devices are advertised and sold even though they cause significant side effects.
- Machinery and tools – An example might be a circular saw sold without an adequate safety guard.
- Medicine and drugs – Approved drugs sometimes cause side effects that are not known by users.
- Toxic chemicals and substances – These include pesticides, asbestos, and mold.
- Firearms and guns – Firearms can sometimes discharge without warning.
- Automobiles and other motor vehicles – Cars, trucks, motorcycles, and ATV’s can be designed with safety hazards.
- Automobile accessories – Tires, seat belts, airbags and child car seats may not work as intended.
- Household products and appliances – For example, some electrical blankets have allegedly malfunctioned and started fires.
- Unsafe toys – Some toys present hazards to children, especially babies.
Injured by a product? Contact our personal injury attorneys for a free consultation.
Victims of faulty and dangerous products often suffer the burden of large expenses, including hospital bills, medical treatment and medication, childcare, loss of personal time with loves ones, missed time from work, and even death. A successful personal injury claim can reimburse victims for those expenses.
Bolen Robinson & Ellis is committed to ensuring that individuals injured by products obtain the results that they deserve. If you have suffered an injury due to an unsafe or defective product, please contact us to schedule a free consultation with one of our product liability attorneys.
BRE Law Personal Injury News and Blog
Flannell joins BRE Law after a lengthy career serving as Moultrie County’s Resident Circuit Judge, as well as Chief Judge of the six counties comprising the 6th Judicial Circuit of Illinois.
If you served in the United States military between 2003 and 2015, and have been diagnosed with tinnitus or hearing loss (whether partial or total), you may be entitled to financial compensation.
The BRE Law team recently enjoyed a wonderful afternoon on Lake Decatur. This trip reminded us of water safety, and inspired this post about water safety tips. If you enjoy getting out on the water like we do, these 5 water safety tips may help you or your loved one avoid an injury.